30 April 2007

Jamaica ~ June 06



JAMAICA! Fun times! On the return trip from Haiti we stopped in Jamaica for nearly two whole day to shelter from a hurricane. Poor poor us!

Of course everyone was singing the Beach Boys song:

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
Down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Kokomo........

I has a blast checking out Montego Bay and making the group I was with (Murray, Sarah, Dan and Joel) hike up this hill so that we could actually say we made it further into Jamaica than Montego Bay. Anyways, I thought it would be a great place to watch the sunset also since it was so high up, and as it would turn out we missed the whole thing. All the building were in the way. Sorry guys!
~
(Joel, Danette, Sarah, Dan and Murray is MIA)

The next day my sister and I spent the whole day in the water. Later we were joined by pretty much the rest of the crew. And man (said with a Jamaican accent) were we red by the time the day was over! Captain Jake, Sarah and I turned out to be the only ones to jump off the bridge deck. What a blast!


(Dolphin in the Caribbean)

And all together now... Oh Yay! Oh Yay! Oh Yay!

No comments: