30 April 2007

Pre Israel ~ At Sea ~ Sept 2006


(Running the Yard and Stay Booms)

I LOVE running the booms on the Grace and working with the rest of the Deck crew. We had so many good time at work and I miss it more than I ever thought I would.

(Tiles in Hold #2)

Loading tiles into Hold #2. I hate to say that when we arrive in Israel after three hurricanes they looked nothing like that. It was a paAAaaiin to get them out of the hold, but we succeeded.



(At Sea)

I love this picture! I can actually hear the sound of the ships engines when I look at it. There is something about being at sea that I can't even try to explain. Everyday there's something new or something different to see. I don't know if I can use the word diversity when talking about being at sea for 34days. But you were either seeing dolphins, whales, plankton, stars, sunsets or rises, waves or swells, rain or sun. I could go on for pages but won't. It was all so beatutiful, I miss that season of my life.


(Morocco, Africa)
~
I was so excited! We had just sailed across the Atlantic ocean, 26 day out with another week yet to go. It was still dark out, about 0330 in the morning and I was still on watch. I spotted land for the first time in nearly a month. Africa! And it smelled so beautiful, like fresh grass. I could just picture the wildlife and what it must be like to live there. And then to look off our port bow and see Europe!... Spain! The Straight of Gibraltar! I could see the lights of Tangier in Morocco. What an amazing time!
~
(Rock of Gibraltar)
~
Going through the Straight of Gibraltar. The Viking boat from Spain met us here and we were able to pick up the parts for our water maker that we needed.
~
(Looking out)

Standing a watch on the bridge, which I love! Looking for ships and anything else besides water we might run across. You can actually see 20 miles on a good day, I just think that is so cool.

No comments: