26 April 2009

It's a Small World!!

(The picture didn't turn out great, but it will have to do.)

Oh my gosh! I'm probably pretty much the most excited person EVER!

Well, I've actually been sick (not seasick, just to clarify) and grumpy for the past couple of days and that makes for a pretty miserable time. I suppose unlike being sick, the grumpy part was an option; but I feel the two go together quite well. Also I've been kind of homesick lately. Not so much for home, but for familiarity, Joey or even just a good friend.

So, I got up lastnight from my hour and a half nap to stand my 2000-2400 (8pm-12am) watch at the gangway. I wasn't exactly thrilled to say the least, because standing for four hours when you're sick seem more like, well, an eternity.

So, as I'm standing gangway in the random little town of Beaufort, South Carolina, up walks my very dear friend Doris!

We met in Arkansas when I was like 17. It seems so long ago, but I guess that was really only like 6 years ago. (Wow, I'm still so young :).

She moved to Florida several years ago and though we try to make plans to see each other when we're both in Arkansas, it just never seems to work out. So, it had been a couple years since I last saw her.

I'm pretty sure this is one of those God things, Him just wanting to brighten up my night. Doris lives in Florida, was on a road trip with Dennis to Virginia and just happened to be in Beaufort the same day as I. On the same pier, at the exact same time, with out even knowing I was in South Carolina. I just can't even hardly believe it! It really is a small world!

So, needless to say, I'm still pretty excited I got to see her and meet Dennis. I still wonder if I dreamt the whole thing up or not, but I guess the picture makes it pretty believable.

Love you Doris! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danette, you have to be the most beautiful person ever! Isn't God awesome and He never fails to amaze us! I do hope your journey goes well and know that I love you and will continue to pray for you!!!!

Doris

Anonymous said...

WOw God is crazy cool like that!! Rock on Sister in Christ. I love you and miss you like crazy.

Dess

No one understands you like a person who as walked along side of you in life.
(I miss those people too. A familiar face.)

Matt L said...

ha! thats awesome to hear nette. glad god did that for you :)