07 May 2009

Australia + Alaska = Smiles

This is my happy face!!!!

Well, as most of you know, I put my application in with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) for their Discipleship Training School in Australia… And… I just found out that they accepted me! So, I don't think I need to say it, but I’M SUPER EXCITED! The school doesn't start until the end of September so hopefully by then the exchange rate doesn't change a whole lot and I'll still be able to afford it. I can't wait!!!

Also, I just got this amazing deal on a plane ticket to Alaska. (I'll be going there July-August for another year of salmon fishing). I was going to pay $600 for a round trip flight and I was pretty excited about that because I spent over $1,000 the first time I went. But my amazing friend Amanda found this guy on Craigslist that was selling his air miles for $200. I wont go into all the details of the whole process but I thought for a while there that I had been had. And so did everyone else on the ship I'm working on. They kept telling me that you just can't trust anyone and that everyone is out to scam you these days. But I said that you just have to take risks sometimes and that there are still some trust worthy people out in this world. Not very many, but still, you can't live your life in fear that everyone is just out to get you. (Don't worry I don't just go around trusting everyone, I will definitely use my good judgment when hitchhiking.) :D

Anyways, after hours of being on the phone and computer I finally got a round trip ticket to Alaska for $200! YAY! I think it's safe to say that I've had a pretty amazing week.

Oh and I also only have five weeks left here on M/V American Spirit! Then I get to go "home" to Arkansas and see Joey, my family, see some friends, go camping and swimming for a week and then I'm off to Alaska!

*smiles*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so so so happy for you D! Abe doesn't even know what an awesome fishing chick he is getting! Australia is going to rock your socks and just think about how awesome you will be shredding the rad! ( I don't know surf lingo.) I am counting the days till I see you!

Danette Ann said...

I can't wait! Love you so much my sweet beautiful A!

D

Samuel J. Costner said...

So exciting!

matt leffert said...

woohoo! gald to here things are working out :)