04 April 2009

Life on the East Coast


Well, I must say that my favorite part of the day is when I actually get to crawl into my cozy little bed and I take my pen and mark a big line through a day on my calendar. Oh the satisfaction I get! It just brings a little smile to my face, to know that I am one day closer to the last.


Now I realize I make it sound as though I’m just totally miserable and hate it here, but that actually isn’t the case. Honestly the worst part about it is the lack of sleep. But also because of this, everything is absolutely hilarious to me! I seriously laugh all the time!


When I decided to come back to American Cruise Lines I said to myself that it was only three months “out of my life”, and that I would just try to survive the duration; as if it wasn’t really part of my life but only something I would have to do to get to Australia. But in actuality these three months aren’t just a couple weeks or months out of my life. Right now this is my life! So, as of now, I’m looking at all the amazing things I’m privileged to get to learn about and experience. And as it’s said, “The road to where you’re going is just as important, or more, as the final destination”.


I really hope I can always find time to look around and see the blessings in my life. Because I have a boatload!

3 comments:

Supplying Needs said...

Hey My Sister and Dancing Girl,

Thanks for all the updates. It is really good to hear and see how you are doing!! Thanks for the comments on our blog. That is crazy you went to the same Wal-mart.

Love you tons and tons and tons and miss you even more!!!

Dessy

Charlene said...

Hey Danette,

I love this post. I am so glad to hear that you are having such a good outlook about what you are doing. I know that tired laughter, it's great. Better that than being a tired grump. You are such a wonderful person, you always find the bright side of things. I love you lots!

Mom

Danette Ann said...

Awe! Thanks mom! You're the best!

I'm trying my hardest to see the positive in everything! Ha The chef actually asked the captain today why I was always happy. Not sure how I always have a great day when I don't actually love what I'm doing. But life sure is miserable when you're grumpy!

Love you!