13 April 2009

A Friend on M/V American Spirit

Well, the previous time I was employed by ACL (American Cruise Lines) I mainly remember the theme being about "Being an Example". As a Christian I feel it is my responsibility to set an example to those around me. And this is not always an easy task I've found.

When I decided to return, I was really dreading the swim upstream I would be making basically alone in a downstream kind of environment. Life is obviously much easier when there's someone else swimming along side that can help keep you afloat.

So, when I was departing Arkansas to come to the east, my parents prayed that there would be another Christian aboard that could help me along in this day to day battle of survival.

And guess what! God really does care about the small things! There is a guy here, Daniel, that is in fact a Christian, has been to ALERT (the program my brother went through and also the same guys that would come help Friend Ships out when we did our outreaches www.alertacademy.com). And as it turns out we also have several mutual friends! I'm am just amazed!

We're thinking about starting a bible study at some point and I'm super excited about that. I'm not sure when it will be possible seeing as how we both work completely different schedules, but I'm sure we can work something out.

6 comments:

Just Juli said...

YAY that's so awesome Nette! I'm so happy for you :D PTL !

haroldholmyard said...

Hi, Dannette,
I was sorry to read about your sorrows at MOM in Nigeria. I know Caroline Gross and Daniel Edeh and was in Nigeria 1985-87, teaching at Trinity Bible College in Anyigba. Do you think it would be feasible to buy a couple of washing machines for the orphanage? Do they have regular power? Mrs. Gross used to have a washing machine because I went across town once to get a replacement part for it. God bless you in your travels. I checked your My Space page and loved your photos. Thanks.
In Christ,
Harold Holmyard

Danette Ann said...

Harold,

Washing machines would in fact be a great asset. They may have one at Otutulu, I'm not exactly sure.

They do have a generator that's run for about an hour or two at night.

It was actually one year ago today I returned from Nigeria. And looking back I'm so blessed to have experienced what I did. I learned so much and I'm so glad I did go.

Danette

haroldholmyard said...

Thank you for the information, Danette (sorry about spelling your name incorrectly at first). I have asked Daniel the same questions. And you were right that I did not realize your trip was a year ago. The original post about Nigeria came up on a search, and I read without noting all time details (I got the month). Going back to read about the rest of the Nigeria trip, I am glad it worked out and that you had Amanda there a good while. God bless you in your adventures and service to the Lord, and may he bring a godly husband into your life if you want one.
In Christ,
Harold Holmyard

Charlene said...

God is so good, isn't He! I am so happy that things are going well with you. God Bless You!

Love you much,

Mom

Supplying Needs said...

"WOW" is all I can say!!!
Love you,
Dess