13 October 2008

In Loving Memory of My Uncle Carl

This is a very difficult post to write so I'm going to keep it fairly short. If you saw my previous post you would have seen the obituary for my uncle Carl Bjornstad. He lived just four miles down the road from my family in Arkansas, so even everyday life won't be the same without him.

My earliest memory of Carl was when I was about 3 or 4. He was playing ball with my older sister Lynn and I up in North Dakota. We were in the hallway of my aunt Laona's house and I just remember having such a great time.

When I would come home to see my parents in Arkansas, Carl would always ask about what I had been up to and what I was doing next. He always listened to my stories about life and would tell me that he was proud of me.

He is already greatly missed by his family and friends. There will always be an empty hole where he should have been.

A lot of family came down for the funeral so I thought I would post some of those pictures.

(Uncle Ronnie, Aunt Sheila, Aunt Laona, Dad, Mom, Uncle Bobby, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Norman, Brother Luke, Cousin Travis, Brother-In-Law Robert, Grandpa Pete, Grandma Joyce, Sister Lynn, Niece Emma, Cousin Bobby, Niece Rebekah, Me, Sister Sarah, Cousin April and Brother Joseph.)

(The cousins, or some of them anyways.)

(I love my grandpa!)

(Joey taking time to smell the flowers)

If you think to remember the family in your prayers, it would be much appreciated.

4 comments:

Shutter Fly said...

ette ann I am so sorry for this obvious heartbreak in your life as well as your wonderful family. I know you all are missing him deeply.

I lost a very special uncle, "John Edge", earlier this summer. I didn't get to see him much because he lived in Alabama, but his impish, rapscallion character is etched in my memory.
My sympathies to you and your family, Rusty

Danette Ann said...

Thanks so much Rusty for your sympathy.

Ette Ann

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Hey Lady!

I love the background of your blog! VERY you!

Love Me

Danette Ann said...

Why thank you Bekah! I love it too. You should look at them, there are hundreds to choose from. thecutestblogontheblock.com

Love you!