30 October 2008

Beautiful Arkansas

In the last year or so I just haven't been sure which direction to go with my life. When I was in California I said if I could just surf and be a beach bum for the rest of my life, I would be pretty happy. So a couple of the guys there would talk about my "Beach Girl Ministry". I'm not sure what it all entailed but it sounded like a good idea.

Anyways, there obviously aren't many beaches in Arkansas so that kind of flew out the window.

A couple weeks ago I was talking to one of my friends online and he was telling me about this YWAM (Youth With A Mission) Waves DTS (Disciple Training School) in Australia.

It's five to six months of training where they teach you about God and surfing all at the same time! How cool is that!

I don't know at this point how serious I am about going. But I think I might start working in that direction and see where I end up.

My best Friend Amanda is getting married in December so I'll be in Idaho for a couple weeks for that. Then in January I plan to have a job lined out, probably on a cruise ship again, to start saving for this school or the Dream Center program in California. Who knows what will happen.

As for now I'm working at JC Penneys again. It's obviously not a bad job because this makes three times now. I was so happy my (wonderful) boss Rusty hired me back and only for a month too! I'm so blessed!

I did move to Springdale (which is about an hours drive from my parents) and am living with one of my friends here in town. It works out nicely for me now because I get to go "home" and see Joey on my days off.

Well, I think that's all for now, we'll see where the wind takes me from here. Ha!

6 comments:

Mary Lutz said...

I think you should come to Northern Michigan! There's no surfing here either, but there's cool people here! LOL. Anyway, just keep praying for God's direction in your life and He will guide you where you're supposed to be. Australia sounds way cool!!! I've always wanted to go there! Be blessed! ~you're friend from Nigeria~Mary

Supplying Needs said...

Hey Danette,

If you are any where near us you are more than welcome to come and stay with Joel and I. WE are in IDaho for 3 or 4 months.
SO where in Idaho would you be. If you can't make it I understand. JOel and I have had many offers to seeing people who are "IN the same state'' and it turns out they are 5 hours away. Or we are just too busy. So if you can or if you want or if you are close. PLease look us up.

I love you my sister in CHrist,
Dess

Danette Ann said...

Hey Mary,

Well, I don't know if I'll be traveling to Northern Michigan any time soon but I'll definitely keep you in mind..

Dessy,

I am going to be in McCall, Idaho. Where are you at? I would LOVE to see you, it's been forever!

Let me know It would be great if we could work something out!

Danette

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Hey 'Nette!

No, we didn't have a birthday party. I was feeling icky, so Josh made me a bacon cheeseburger (I know, sounds gross being as I felt icky, but it tasted good!) - he wanted me to feel like we had gone out to eat, so he made it as greasy as possible! Isn't he wonderful?

I couldn't even eat the "birthday" cherry crisp I made for myself! However, Josh devoured half the pan that night after I went to bed! What a guy!

Sorry I missed your calls! I was gone for one, and on the phone for the other. When is a good time to call?

R

Danette Ann said...

Hey Bekah,

So sorry about you feeling sick on your birthday, but glad to hear Josh made you a wonderful cheeseburger! I had to make my own birthday cake once, so I know how you feel!

I'll call you tomorrow (03 Nov).

*hugs!

Supplying Needs said...

Hey Danette,

I just googled it. And they are far from each other. I have actually never heard of McCall Idaho. But it is 6 hours+

So if you can't make it that is fine.

I love and miss you. I hope all is well.
Dess