27 April 2008

Home Sweet Home (Arkansas)

(These are my two favorite brothers in the whole world... Luke and Joseph. They're actually a big percentage of why I came home from Nigeria early. I missed them so much!)

(I take Joey out to the creek most days and he loves to throw rocks in the water. I can't wait til he's old enough to catch crawdads because that was always my favorite when I was a child.)

I never realized how much I just love green grass! And spring! I wake up in the mornings, look out the long window that runs along the headboard of my bed (in Arkansas) and can't help but smile. There are Dogwood trees and Redbuds and everything is just so beautiful! How could you even wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

So, this past week has been crazy. I spent a couple days in Pennsylvania then a couple days in Virginia with some of my best friends. I had a blast hanging out with the girls but missed my best friend Debi who is in Israel for six months. I'm in Arkansas now with my family, but already have plans for another (short) adventure.

...For over three years now I've said I was going to learn to surf... Well, after Africa I thought that chance may never come. I honestly thought I was either going to die in Nigeria or lose a leg or something. And surfing is one thing in life that I want to do for myself, so I'm going to do it... ...I'm going to Mexico in 5 days! I know there aren't huge waves there, but I just want the little-baby-ones to start on. I'm going with my best friend Amanda and another friend and I'm so excited! We'll be there for a week and my goal is to just be able to stand up on the board... I'll post a picture if I succeed! Anyways, I'm so excited and just have to smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Danette, You sound soo happy to be home, and that makes me happy to hear. I Hope that as you learn to surf you are able to stand on the board quickly! What an adventure!! One thing is for sure, you definitely don't live a dull life!! I love you so much!! Take care!!
~Mocha