16 April 2008

America! America!



I knew I had been in Nigeria too long when after arriving in the London airport I said agba (hello in Igalla) to this lady from India. I'm still laughing about it.

I flew out of Abuja yesterday morning leaving Amanda alone in the airport until her flight out that evening (13 hours later). I still feel terrible about the whole situation, but there were no other choices. I won't find out until tomorrow if she was even able to change her flight or not.

I would guess that the question is going to be as to whether or not I'm going to miss Nigeria. And the answer is going to be both a yes and a no.
I'm grateful to be back in America and don't have any plans of returning in the near future. But I even surprised myself with the tear on my face when I said goodbye and departed Anygiba.

I have a feeling I'll be writing more about Nigeria as time moves along and thing come to mind. But for now I just wish to leave you with some of my favorite photos that will tell a story in themselves.

(I did arrive safely in America last night and Rebekah is taking wonderful care of me.)


(Market) (Amanda)


(Mercy and Heruna)



(The best night I had in Africa was spent dancing around this fire.)

2 comments:

Mary Lutz said...

I am glad you are home safely, and I totally (well probably not totally) understand your mixed feelings about Africa!

Keep in touch!

God bless!

Mary

Danette Ann said...

Thanks Mary,

I'm just adding you on Myspace now. I'll send you a message.

Danette