09 April 2008

Goodbye Africa...

(African Queen of the Night)

As I write this blog you all are just going to have to imagine the smile on A and I’s face.

We have moved our departure dates up a month and will be returning to the states on the 15th of April. Amanda will be flying to the west coast and I to the east, but we will catch up with each other again in a couple of weeks for another adventure.

I have learned a lot, cried a lot and laughed even more. And I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience Nigeria as I have. I think it’s impossible to go through a season that’s uncomfortable without learning valuable lessons. Like I always say, I wouldn’t trade these past three months I’ve had in Africa for an easier time.

I just realized the other day as A and I were walking through the market that I really am going to miss it here. It's a crazy life here but you can't help but grow to love it.

4 comments:

Joshs_Rebekah said...

I will be there...tell me when

Mary Lutz said...

Hello D and A!!!! I am home! I will be blogging my trip as well over the next few days, so I hope you get a chance to read it, as you will be mentioned! I love your blog, and I am looking forward to keeping in touch with you girls, our life-savers in Africa! I hope we meet up again someday.

God bless!

Anonymous said...

Hi Danette.

I would advise everyone to NOT click on the "See Please Here" link because it contains a spyware program that tries to steal passwords. Danette, I took the liberty to enable the Word Verification feature so that spammers can't leave comments like that. Hope you don't mind. See you soon!!

Love Dad.

Anonymous said...

Amanda & D

May God bless you as you seek HIS face. in whatever you do and where ever you go.

hope to see you in snowy McCall.

by HIS grace
Mary Esther