23 September 2007

Idaho ~Sept 07

I was working with American Cruise Lines this summer so wasn't able to make it up to Alaska to go commercial fishing. Well, I guess Amanda and I actually swore we would never do it again, but after so much time has passed you kind of forget about all the hard times. So because Amanda and I didn't make it to Alaska I decided to take a trip to Idaho to see her. And we had so much fun!

This is a cabin we stayed at one of the nights I was there. We of course had a blast! There was a hot spring there so we spent a good amount of time in it. And it was my first time in one too.


The cabin was about a 45 minutes drive from town so you would think there were be nobody around. Wrong... Turned out there was a forest fire two miles from where we were staying, so there was a ton of fire fighters everywhere. They had hoses EVERYWHERE! Below is a picture of some of the fighter men. They all came by our cabin and were waving and stuff. It was a lot of fun!






This is Amanda and I the night we stayed on a sailboat. Did you know that you have to have your toes pointed to sleep in one of these things? It was bad! So our whole plan was to run an extension cord to the boat and watch a movie and then go to bed. Well our cord didn't reach so we just hung out on the dock. It was pretty funny, because all the rich sailor dudes that came by thought we were pretty crazy.

My first time sailing! Yay!


Now I love big ships, but this little thing was a bit different! It was freezing cold out so we had like two pairs of pants and four shirts on.


We get out there and there's like no wind.. We're just kind uh bob'n around wondering how the heck we're even going to get the thing back to where we started.


So, of course the best thing to do in a situation such as that is to pray for wind. Well, Amanda decided that we didn't just need a little wind but that we need a near storm, so she prayed for big white caps.


And what do we get? Lot's of wind! We have no idea how to sail the thing so when the first little breeze came we nearly lost it. We're both screaming and it gets to the point where you just know you're going to go in no matter what, so no amount of yelling is going to help. But by some miracle we stayed in the boat.


We were out there for several hours and didn't even realize it. By the time we returned (putting it perfectly into shore because we are professional sailors at this point) we were completely sopping wet! We nearly went in every couple of minutes but managed to keep most of our selves in the boat. Such good times! And so many good laughs!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you just sailed today so you won't get this for a while. But I love you kid. I hope your mission trip was fun. JOel and I have a blog too. WE have had it for 2 years if you can believe it. I couldn't. www.joeldessbutler.blogspot.com

I love you!!!