23 October 2007

To be at Sea! ~ October 07


Life still goes on…
~
…I’m in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico on the ship Hope with 35 other people. We got underway the 1st of October to sail to Nevis and then Roatan for medical and children’s ministry. Four days later and 55 miles from Cuba as we're about to go through the Yucatan Channel we lose our engines and the decision is made to return to Friend Ships in Lake Charles, Louisiana. We’re making 1.4kts through the water and know that God is still on the throne. Though we never made it to Nevis or Roatan there is such peace about going back. A lot of people have said they feel like the mission is over and that what was needing to be done was in fact completed. I don’t know why, but I feel the same way also…
~
Maybe I will never know the reason for being at sea without getting to see the beautiful souls on the islands we were going to, but I know that ALL is for the glory of God! I thank Him so much for His peace and for his timing for everything, even when we can’t see the end.
~
Trust… …God has said go, so I’m going. I’m not sure where to but I know that God has great plans ahead. Trust is always the word... My heart aches but I know that God is in control. I know that all is for His glory! I know that trials bring me closer to who I need to be in Him. I know trials give me strength that I will one day need. GOD LOVES ME SO MUCH and I’m so happy that He will never leave me.
~
My name means “God is my judge”. For as long as I can remember, I've always looked to others for my self worth. Depending on how well I’m liked or loved by others is how important I am. But what I have been realizing this past year is that God is my only judge. Yes, obviously people are going to judge me, but that’s not what’s important. God’s judgment is all I need to be concerned with. That I am worth so much more than what man says. God is enough!

No comments: