02 September 2007

Final Day on the Star ~ Sept 07


Wow… And I say that with the last bit of energy I can muster. I can’t even believe September 1st has finally come. 12 hours or more of work a day everyday for 12 weeks. If I were asked to work another day, I probably would have died. I don’t think God ever intended us to work that long without a day for rest. This job has taken everything I had out of me.


I’m on a plane now headed for Northwest Arkansas. I’m in tears and about to break. I should be jumping for joy that I will never see the American Star again. But my heart is breaking for all my friends I left behind. So many are going to hell and are happy about it. I don’t even know what I should do.


I hate religion… I hate when people try to force God on you. I don’t believe that it has to be that way. I’ve talked to so many people that have been completely turned off from God by people shoving the gospel down their throats. I have even witnessed it myself!


While aboard the Star I talked to several people about God. But how do you tell them the Truth when they believe something completely different? One example is a girl I was talking to, she said she would go nowhere when she died, that once she took her last breath on earth that that would be it. And I asked what if that didn’t happen? What if there was a heaven and a hell, what then? She says, well, I guess I will be wrong. That she can’t believe in something she can’t see. What do I say? I have nothing. I want her to know that God really will help her when she calls on Him, but how do I prove it to her?


This happened countless times. Countless times. I was so unprepared. How do I get hope out there if I can’t even remember what the Bible says about anything?


What about the guy who served God with his whole heart for seven years? Every morning he spent an hour praying and reading the Bible before he started his day. Now he just doesn’t want to serve God because he has to give up things like drinking, smoking and living with his girlfriend. I tell him that he can still serve God and that with time God with give him the desire to change. He says he just doesn’t want to.


How can you serve God and then not? Once you know the truth how can you turn your back?


What am I supposed to do? I feel completely helpless! And I call myself a missionary? What am I supposed to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey My Sweet Sister in Christ,

It stinks having the gospel shoved down your throat even when you are a christian it stinks.

Danette the best thing you can do my friend is to keep talking about Jesus. I know you know this but encouragement never hurt. :) Keep loving people into the Kingdom. Actions speak louder than words as you have found out. For it is not the gospel that harmed your friends but the way the gospel was presented (actions)

YOu are so dear to me Danette. I am so proud of you for being who you are and loving Christ with all your heart and wanting to share it with others. What an awesome God we serve.

Many will reject what you have to say but if you start to feel that and don't want to share the next person you might have talked to could have their heart ready for Christ.

A pastor that we give food to here in Los Angeles told me what God shared with him about people, their hearts, and sharing the gospel.

YOu know the story of the seed being thrown out on hard soil, or the birds picking it up, or the thorns choking it out or even the seed that produced hundreds of crop.

Well a seed needs good soft ground to fall on. If it has the hard ground it will stay on the surface and die. That is what happens when a person doesn't believe it is because their heart is hard. (Right) Well lets just say this is true. But when a ground is hard and you want to plant seed you have to rotatill (spelling) the ground. Or use tools to make the ground soft again. God spoke to the Pastor and said prayer is like making the ground soft again. Us praying for those we talk to about the gospel makes it possible for God to rotatill the ground of their hearts so when they do receive the gospel their hearts will be soft.

I know you pray for your friends I just wanted to encourage you that your prayers are working and the more you pray the more GOd will be able to work in their hearts to recieve his word and his LIFE that He has for him in this life and the next.

And you know some day when they hit rock bottom they are going to remember what you said and remember who you were in Christ and cry out to God Almighty because you were an example of the MOst High God.

Father God I thank you for Danette. Keep her close to your heart so that she may share YOu with others. I pray for the hearts she will encounter. That you will soften their heart to receive you ask Thier Lord and savior. Take out every stone every rock every bolder that could block them from recieving you as their personal Lord and Savior. Make their hearts soft. Change their lives so that they will be ready to recieve you before it is to late. And for the Friends Danette left behind I pray they wouldn't die until they have called on your Name and are saved. Spare their lives until they know and walk out that your are the Lord and Savior of the world.

In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

I love you Danette. Don't stop fighting the good fight. Don't grow weary in doing good for you will recieve a harvest for our Heavenly Father.

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Hey Danette,

I second what Dess said. Can I add something else?

God has given you a glimpse of an area you can work on. It is up to you how your questions will be answered. You need to seek out the answers, so the next time you are presented with a situation like this you can be armed with knowledge that God has given you. Now is your time to seek God and to learn from Him what He wants to teach you. Your heart is ready to learn...

There are two songs that come to my mind regarding your situation, Danette. You don't know them. One song is called "It's Never for Nothing." The line I am thinking of says, "It is never for nothing, when you love with no return." In your heart, you have a love for these people you met. It isn't for nothing!

Another song says, "For all those who seek to love, a thorn is all that this world can give."

Now is your time, Danette! Find out what God is just waiting to show you!

Danette Ann said...

Thank you both for your love! You have helped so much. I will be seeking out some answers in the up coming months. I was thinking of Bible college. We'll see. I love you both so much, thanks for being two of the best friends a girl could ask for!