24 August 2008

SURFING!

(My first surf board!)

Wow! Can I tell you all that I love surfing!

Life has been getting to me these past several weeks. Well, actually ever since returning from Africa, but these past couple of weeks especially. I wont go into the details because it’s really beside the whole point of this particular post. I’m writing because I can hardly contain my excitement about surfing!

Since arriving in California I’ve been able to surf every weekend, 3 of them actually, and just love it! Yesterday I was able to buy my own board and had such a wonderful time out on the water! I was out there surfing away and having the time of my life! I couldn’t not smile!


If you’ve been around me recently at all, you’d know that I write on my arm with a huge sharpy marker the word “smile”. It’s because I actually have to remind myself to do so.

Did you know that in Proverbs 29 it says, “where there is no vision, the people perish.”? I went to a church this morning called the Dream Center. Some of you have probably even heard of it before, they do huge outreaches in L.A.. But the pastor gave a message this morning about having a vision and a dream, that you will die without one. I’m not talking about a physical death, I’m talking about being dead while you’re still alive. The message hit me so hard and I realized that I have lost my dreams in life and I have lost my vision. You could ask me what I want to do with my life, and I will tell you that I have no idea. You can ask me where I want to go in life, and I will tell you that I have not a clue. You could even ask me what I love to do, and again I would tell you that there is absolutely nothing I love to do.

Well, I've found that surfing truly makes me smile, and I'm not going to stop there... I'm going to find a dream for my life and go after it! I'm going to find a passion in life and I want it to be built around God. Because He is my first love!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Danette, I am so proud of you. Have I ever told you that? I thought you were going to say that your dream was to surf for the rest of your life:). I know God has a plan for you and I have been praying the scripture that the steps of a righteous (woman) are ordered of the Lord for you. He is ordering your steps and making a way for you. I love you and miss you very much! Mommy mom

Danette Ann said...

Thanks Mommy Mom!

I would say I want to surf for the rest of my life, but I just can't see that happening..

Though Capt Stan said people should go after whatever they want. I said "even if you think you're going to fail?" He said especially if you think you're going to fail... So I guess I'll do whatever I decide to do even if I think I might fail. Don't know what that is yet.

Thanks again.

Netty Nette

Joel & Dess said...

Hey Danette,

Thanks for that encouragement. I need it. It is hard knowing that God has something for you but you don't know exactly what. And you don't want to dream because you don't want to get disappointed if it doesn't come true or you don't want to look like a fool when all the things you have been talking about for so long doesn't happen.

So thank you,
Dessy