11 September 2009

Just Some Pictures in Alaska

I thought I would share a few more pictures with you of my time in Alaska.
So, this is picking fish on the Early Dawn. Or watching Abe pick fish anyways. :D

Abe is a phenomenal Captain/fisherman. There is no way in the world that I could ever even hope to be as educated about "things of the sea" as he is. Generally people scare me on boats. Like we're going to run into something or just flip right over in rough weather. But I don't think I was ever frightened even the slightest while working for/with Abe. I think it runs in his family because his dad is probably the saltest person I've ever met.

Chad and my best friend Amanda halibut fishing!

MY FIRST HALIBUT! I was so excited! (And to think, all those clothes in JULY!)


Abe and Chris or Brandon (they're twins and I had the HARDEST time telling them apart!) filleting halibut in Seldovia.

Snagging for Salmon! Oh my gosh! This was so fun! Everyone was just pulling salmon out of the water right and left! It was crazy! I only caught a humpy, but I was still happy!

No comments: