05 December 2007

On the go again...

Hello to all my beautiful family and friends,

I hope each one of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and a great weekend!

I wanted to make the official announcement that I will be going to Africa in January. I bought my ticket about a month ago and had been waiting on my visa to go through. It finally arrived about a week ago, so I am all set to catch my flight and head out. I’ll be in Xtutulu, Nigeria for four months working in an xrphanage with Xinistry of Xercy. XOX is the largest orphanage in Nigeria with over 200 children and youth living there.

I will be flying to London alone, then from London to Xbuja, Nigeria my best friend Amanda’s parents will be with me (or I guess I should say I’ll be with them seeing as how this is their second year). Anyways, after we arrive, Bill and Christy will be living at the school and I’ll be living at the orphanage about an hours ride away. I’m looking forward to the challenges I’ll be faced with being pretty much alone out in the bush, but also very thankful that Bill and Christy will be there if I need them. Hopefully Amanda will be able to join us on this trip, but I wont know for sure until she gets back from Guatemala the beginning of December.

I am so excited to get away from the “American way”. I’m working at JC Penneys for six week’s while I’m in Arkansas with my parents, and though I worked there four years ago, it’s just not what it once was. I used to love walking around with the rest of the crowd in my cute little cloths and clicky shoes, but that’s just not the life for me any more. I guess I prefer hot, sweaty and miserable. :)

Anyways, hot and sweaty is what I’m going to be getting I believe, because Xtutulu is closer to the equator than I have ever been in my life.

I’m so excited for this trip! I know that if I let Him, God will teach me more than I can imagine.

I don’t know how often I will be able to get to an Internet cafĂ© while I’m there, but I will try to keep my blog page updated as much as possible.

I love you all and you're in my prayers,

Danette

No comments: