08 January 2013

Europe

I don't even know where to begin. I have wanted to backpack through Europe for years now. Somehow something always ended up falling through and I push it off to another year. But my only goal this spring/summer is to save enough money for this dream to became a reality. My dear friend Amy and I are planning on going this fall for 2 months. We are going to get a Eurail pass and see as many countries as possible, make new friends and see old ones! I am so excited for this adventure!
We are only young once, and I know if I don't make this happen now it might never be possible.

So, as Mark Twain has said, "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

I know it's not all going to be a cake walk, I'm preparing myself mentally to be lost, tired, cold and hungry and I hope that I can always see the bright side and remember how blessed I am to take this journey. 

If any of you have any great knowledge or helpful hints on backpacking for 2 months, I am all ears. This will be my first backpacking trip. =]

No comments: