17 October 2011

Epic Day!


(Not the best picture ever, but I wanted a surfing one.)

I had the most amazing time surfing day!!! Life in Hawaii is really starting to look up. The first time I went out (which this picture is from) wasn't totally phenomenal. Still fun, but I was a little disappointed because the waves were so small it was impossible to catch one. I kind of figured they were always like that. And I was at the "best" surfing spot on the island. But today, nothing short of amazing! They were perfect! I think I will go now every free moment I have! I feel as though I've had a dose of happy medicine. You know the feeling you have when you fall in love and you're just walking around with a stupid grin on your face? Yeah totally that. =] Only so much better! No huge risks really. I mean, drowning could be a problem, but that's so minor. =]

So, the first week of moving is always so rough for me. Meeting so many people, and trying to figure out what your supposed to be doing when and where. It's stressful. And first impressions are such a big deal. You can't risk messing it up. It's a lot of pressure. Seriously. I'm happy that's over with. I've already met so many amazing people from all over the world. It's so refreshing to be surrounded by so many Christians. So many positive and happy people in one spot, it's amazing.

I take back all the negative things I said about Hawaii in my last post. It's not quite as hot and miserable as I first thought. Still horrible to dry your hair -but perfect for surfing! I think coming from Alaska it was just a little bit of a shock.

So, I just wanted to let everyone know I'm doing much better than when I first arrived. Thank you guys so much for your comments on my last post.

2 comments:

AJ said...

Epic indeed!! Enjoy it alllllllll!

Charlene Bjornstad said...

So glad to hear you are doing better. Love seeing you happy! Missing you!

Mom