04 November 2009

Cosmetology School


So it turns out you actually have to be smart to get through cosmetology school. What was I thinking? Anatomy and Physiology? Jeez, I don't want to be a nurse, I just want to cut and color some hair. I mean I can hardly even spell those words.

Today was only my second day at school, and already we have a test on Monday. It's like I don't even feel I've had time to learn anything yet. Weird.

Before class had actually started this morning, I was sitting in my tiny little desk making myself sick just worrying about all the stuff that I don't know and I actually thought about dropping out right then and there. Just calling it quits. But... that would be dumb. Giving up? Not really my thing. They'll have to fail me. But I'm not quitting.

We only have one hour in the morning of theory, then the rest is practical. And I love the all the practical stuff, I can actually do that. It's just the book work. Oh man. This is not going to be an easy 9/10 months. But I guess all I can do is give it my best shot.

3 comments:

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Hey Lady,

You can do this. You have to stop telling yourself how hard it is first. If you stop thinking of the classes as Anatomy and Physiology it might help. Once you are in the groove of your practical classes, you will be able to see where the theory classes have there place.

I *hate* math. But when I was in Carpentry in high school, my junior year, we had tons of math to do. We had to figure out angle, how many floor or ceiling joists would go into a room, etc. When related to Carpentry (it had a purpose), the math wasn't so bad! We were told at the *end* of the year that we had accomplished algebra, geometry, a little trigonometry, etc. Honestly, had they told me that at the beginning, I would have freaked out completely.

Danette, you are smart, and stubborn ;). You CAN do this!

I love you.

Rebekah

Danette Ann said...

Bekah,

No matter what I do, it seems you're always there to cheer me on!

You're such a great friend and I think I take that for granted a lot of times.

Thank for being you!

Diabetes Insipidus nephropathy said...

The evidence of nephropathy appears by low abnormal levels of albumin in the urine. Patient with microalbuminuria are referred to having incident of nephropathy. About 30-40% of diabetic patients account new cases of nephropathy every year. Early manifestation of nephropathy, increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases in both type of patients.
As diabetic nephropathy is associated problem so sometime it become difficult to diagnose it, conditions such as glomerular disease, kidney infection and few causes of proteinurea are considered as alternate diagnosis of this disease