02 July 2008

Just an Update

(Joseph and my littlest niece Emma)

Well, I was going to wait to post a new blog until I had my life all planned out... But it's turning out to take longer than I was expecting.

I'm still sailing through the Panama Canal as officer at some point this summer/fall. We have to be back to the USA by the end of October, so the time is drawing near... I be feel'n it in me bones...

Amanda's in Alaska fishing near Bristol Bay (different than where we fished the previous years). Unfortunately the site was only hiring one person so I'm still in Arkansas working for my dad (Ha, sort of). I still have my fingers crossed in hopes that I'll be getting a call this week from one of two "Fish-site-owners" that are keeping their eyes open for a job for me this summer.. (Salmon commercial fishing season started this week.) Fred, the owner of the site I originally worked for said I could just show up in Alaska and he was sure I could find a job. He assured me he wouldn't let me starve. I don't think that's the best way to go about getting a job though, especially because Capt Stan wants me in Louisiana right now.

If things work out like I am wishing for, I'll fish until the beginning of August and then meet the Friend Ships crew in Seattle to sail around to Lake Charles. I'm guessing that things aren't going to work out quite that nicely though. But I guess can always hope.

So, here are some pictures of "my" baby that I'm going to miss SO much while I'm gone!

Joey getting a little beard trimmage. :D

And Joey being Joey!

This picture is for Amanda... Because she thinks it's so cool my family has a pet deer... Her name's Jasmin and Joey always calls her when he sees her. It's so cute...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh your little brother is just the cutest thing in the world!!! I bet that is going to be sooo hard to leave him behind!!! And you never know, sometimes things do go according to the perfect plan that we imagine, so keep your fingers crossed, your chin up, and those prayers going, and things will work out in amazing ways. Love you girl, and I am so proud of you!!

Danette Ann said...

I know! I'm going to be sooo sad to leave him.. I was telling Jen yesterday how he was like me own kid.. And she sweetly informed me that he's actually not my kid.. SO CUT THE CORD...

I do have to move on with my life at some point because I don't plan on spending the rest of my life in Arkansas. I just hate to leave right now...

Supplying Needs said...

Hey Danettte,

HE is the cutest kid ever!!! It looks like we won't be able to see each other. Joel and I leave in a week for virginia. Life is moving on praise God.

I love you my friend. Have a great day.
Dessy

Danette Ann said...

Dessy!

Oh sad story! Yeah, Friend Ships is running a little behind.Per usually I guess. Looks like I'll be headed down to Louisiana this week or next.

So.. Are you driving to Virginia? Through Arkansas perhaps? I doubt it. But if Fayetteville's on your route I would love to see you!

Miss you beautiful!

Anonymous said...

wow I just saw my picture and love it......will you please bring her to the wedding so I can have a dance:)

Danette Ann said...

I'm assuming that was you A! So I will see what I can do about bringing Jasmin... Love you!