25 March 2008

DnA Together Again! #1

(DnA. I told Amanda that I didn't look the best in this picture, and she told me in return that I am in Africa and I look as good as I'm doing here.)

I don’t even think I need to tell you how excited I am! But I believe I will be able to make it two more months. Thank God for Amanda! She’s a lifesaver! (Though one week seems even questionable for her.)

A arrived safely in Nigeria on the 18th of this month. We spent three days in Xbuja waiting on her luggage and it arrived on the 20th.

I took her to the Internet on Friday and then to the “garage” to buy avocados. Now I thought one young white blond chick drew a lot of attention, but the two of us together turns some heads. Yikes!

On our return trip from the Internet, we stopped at the bread lady first and this guy kept bothering Amanda for some bread or anything else she would give him. I told her to just keep walking. We were weaving our way through the market area and I figured the guy was long gone. Amanda looks at me and is like “the bread dude is still following us”. So we stop to get our avocados and the guy would not leave us alone. I didn’t want to give him anything because it was like a little game and I didn’t want to lose. “I’ve been here for two months, and you can follow me around however long you want, it’s not going to change anything!” Well, I have to say, he had more endurance than I, and we were left with no choice but to hand over an avocado. Amanda was grateful that I finally decided an avocado was a small price to pay in exchange for her life.

I felt so bad that the first time I take Amanda around to see the village, she gets stalked by a crazy man. There just must be something about the first day in the market. Next time will be better…

1 comment:

Joshs_Rebekah said...

Danette,

You look great in that picture! I could post one of you on my blog that I think is pretty cool, but you wouldn't like it!

Please email me...